NEW MUSIC: EXO-K - HISTORY


Well, I guess it wouldn't be right if I didn't review the latest 'prologue' song from EXO-K. Yes, prologue song. This is the second prologue song (after the reasonably good ballad WHAT IS LOVE) form SM Entertainment's latest boy group - EXO-K.

But what exactly is a prologue song? I don't think there is a definitive answer, but I guess that prologue songs are just 'teasers' befoe EXO-K unleash their FIRST single to the world? It's already so complicated before they've even officially debuted (!!!)

But still, EXO-K released HISTORY today and I have to say, I was really impressed. The song is a fantastic R&B number that really showcased the vocal abilities of the six guys. It did remind of a song that SHINee could have sung in their earlier days, but that's definately a good thing. I loved the beat right from the beginning and the acoustic guitar in the verses too. As for the music video, it really captured the 'cool' and energetic vibe of the song. I liked the video for many reasons: firstly, the video set was fantastic - it looked high-budget and I liked the look of both the outside and inside setting. Secondly, their styling. I really liked how their clothes were like proper dancers clothes - but with an extra Korean, haute-couture flair of course. And lastly, their dancing was pretty spot-on. It's great when you see a group with many members perform so perfectly in sync with one another.

So, even though this song isn't strictly EXO-K's debut, I was still impressed! If it's sign of the what's to come, then I will be anticipating their official debut.

Thursday 8 March 2012

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Followers