REVIEW: BIG BANG - FANTASTIC BABY


I've already the music videos for BIG BANG's BLUE and BAD BOY, and I've also reviewed their entire Alive mini album - but now it's time to review BIG BANG's latest music video for FANTASTIC BABY.

The music video was released today and oh my goodness - I am beyond impressed. I'm currently exhausted after a long, stressful day - but after seeing this music video, I feel envigorated and energised!

The music video is full of energy and excitement. It's incredibly fast-paced and that totally matches the speed of the song - a catchy, eletronic dance number. It's also refreshing seeing this side of BIG BANG after their cold New York videos of BLUE and BAD BOY. What impressed me the most about this video is the fashion. BIG BANG have always been on the forefront of fashion trends, but with FANTASTIC BABY, they have surprassed trends and their style here is unique and futuristic.

G-Dragon is my favourite BIG BANG member and by far the most adventurous and daring character of not only the group, but in South Korea as a whole. His clothes are really edgy and have a punk feel to them, but it's his hair that really steals the show. It's not often you find a man who can pull of hair like he does in this video. Despite the pink highlights and the long-flowing fringe, G-Dragon retains his masculinity through his swagger and persona. He is like the male Rapunzel in the first shot of the video and completely breaks down boundaries with his use of hair styling and make up. Iconic!

Although TOP is my least favourite member, I have to give him props for his styling in FANTASTIC BABY. He totally rocks the aqua hair and his military outfits suit him down to a tee. I'm not sure if the glasses that he rocks in the final scene are the most flattering, but he still manages to keep his suave persona in check. Daesang, Taeyang and Seungri all up their fashion-game for this video too. Although not as daring as G-Dragon or TOP, they still posess a cool and edgy style.

After all that, I'm going to watch the video one more time and head for bed. Then wake up in the morning and watch it all over again.

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Followers