Why arrived in the post today? - Part 3


I recieved another package from YesAsia which contained 3 brand new K-Pop CDs. They are: SPICA's Russian Roulette, miss A's Touch and Big Bang's ALIVE (G-Dragon Version). Check out my review of their uniqe packaging after the break.


SPICA - Russian Roulette (Case opened up, photo booklet and CD)
SPICA are the latest 5 member girl group to debut in South Korea. However, right from the get-go SPICA seemed different. They came out with a teaser song (독하게) with a music video that didn't show their faces, but you just heard their wonderful voices. Then they exploded onto the scene with Russian Roulette. Russian Roulette is a really bold pure pop song that features a cool beat and has a soulful 60s flavour to it. As soon as I heard that song, I became hooked and immediately downloaded their first ever mini album - also titled Russian Roulette. The mini album has six songs which was a pleasant surprised for me considering some mini albums only contain 2/3 songs. So, I decided to buy the album and here it is! The inside of packaging has a star consellation theme (Spica is a star consellation in real life, by the way) but the photo book is a little different. The five girls are in a more rural setting and are dressed in beige dresses. It looks really stylish and grown-up. In fact, this doesn't resemble a typical K-Pop debut - as the girls are already sophisticated and elegant, rather than adopting a cute and sweet style that most K-Pop girl groups tend to debut with.

Example of how the booklet looks inside.



Next up is Touch by miss A. I adore miss A and I have already reviewed their Touch album already (click here to read my review!) But here's a quick review of their album packaging. Firstly, it's the same size as the A Class album from 2011. As you can see from the image directly above, the album comes with a clear slip case - covered in rose petals. It looks fantastic either on or off and is a great addition, and prevents scratches on the proper cover itself! The artwork inside is really great although not that varied. The rose petal theme runs throughout the album artwork, as you can see from the photo below which shows the photo book cover and the disc itself.

miss A - Touch (inside the case)

BIG BANG ALIVE - FRONT

BIG BANG ALIVE (G-DRAGON VERSION) - BACK
And finally it's the BIG BANG album - ALIVE the fifth album (G-Dragon version). For a review about the music, check out my full review of ALIVE here.

I am beyond happy that I bought this CD because the packaging is superb. The casing is made out of metal - literally, metal. It's quite heavy and scratches easily but to have a metal CD is pretty cool, I must say. I also chose the G-Dragon version (as he is my favourite member) and I am not dissapointed with that decision at all. The photobook (enclosed in a plastic, blue covering as you can see below) is amazing. It only has G-Dragon photos but each photo is fantastic - they show off his unique style and personality. The CD also comes with a GD trading card and a leaflet about other YG products I believe... I definately reccomend buying this CD!

BIG BANG ALIVE (G-DRAGON VERSION) - Metal casing, disc case, photobook, promotional leaflet and GD trading card.
My next review of CDs should be in the next couple of weeks. My next order will contain Ayumi Hamasaki's PARTY QUEEN album and Nine Muses' Sweet Rendezvous mini album. Keep an eye out for those!

I have dozens of other K-Pop CDs too, so I may do some other packaging reviews in the very near future!

Saturday 10 March 2012

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Followers