4minute VS SISTAR - The Results?




Almost two weeks ago now, I reported on the impending comebacks of both 4minute and SISTAR. And last week, both girl groups released their long awaited mini albums and returned to the Korean music shows to promote their latest tracks. Admittedly, I couldn't come to a conclusion on which group would reign victorious - and, a week after the release of the albums, I'm still torn.

For me - musically - the winner was 4minute. Their mini album - especially their current single Volume Up - was truly a triumph and I've been listening to it non-stop for the past week. (For my full review of their mini album, click here!) SISTAR, on the other hand, released a mini album that was sub-standard for me. For the reasons why I was a little dissapointed in their comeback, you can read my full review of their Alone mini album here.

So 4minute triumphed on the music front - but which group saw the most success after their first week on sale? Well, although it wasn't a runaway victory, it seems that SISTAR's Alone proved to be the most popular track according to the Korean public. Instiz - which compiles various Korean charts - revealed the following data:

SISTAR - ALONE - 21,707 POINTS
4MINUTE - VOLUME UP - 15,680 POINTS

Even though only 1 week has passed, can we declare SISTAR the winner ?!

Monday 16 April 2012

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Followers