REVIEW: B1A4 - Ignition Special Edition


I am a huge fan of B1A4 and purchased their first full-length album Ignition when it was first released. Little did I know back then, but they've re-released the album with two brand new tracks and re-titled the album: The B1A4 Ignition Special Edition. And even though the repackaged album only contains 2 brand new tracks (plus their instrumentals at the end of of the album), I've still purchased the album and am currently waiting for it to arrive in the post (I may be posting photos of my copy when it arrives!). I reviewed the album back in March (you can read my full review here) but I think it's time that I gave my review on those brand new tracks - 잘자요 굿나잇 (Baby Goodnight) and 너 때문에 (Because Of You).

The title track of the album (the track that they're currently promoting) is Baby Goodnight and it's a huge departure from their previous title track - Baby I'm Sorry. They returned in March with a dark concept and shocked fans with their almost grown-up attitudes and darker image. But now, B1A4 have returned to their cute, fun and colourful image that they were previously known for. The song itself is a fun, light and energetic pop song that almost seems to feature old-school gameboy sounds. Although it's not a song that would be considered a huge dancefloor filler, it still has elements that make you want to get up and have "dancing party time" - as they beautifully coo in the chorus: "dancing, dancing, dancing in the moonlight". This song definately echoes their first two songs - OK and Beautiful Target - and proves that, although they showed their maturity with Baby I'm Sorry, B1A4 have not lost their fun and energetic personas.

The second new track that B1A4 have given us is 너 때문에 (Because Of You). This song is a lovely midtempo track that fits in nicely with their previous songs (especially the sound that they explored in their first two mini albums). Although the song doesn't have any gimmicks or cute moments, it's a fantastic song to display the member's vocal capabilities (especially Sandeul, who sounds absolutely amazing!)

All in all, I think that this re-release is completely worth buying (whether you've bought the original version or not). We may have 'only' been given 2 new tracks but they are both great songs and the repackaged album features lots of new photos and a brand new concept. Well worth buying, I'd say.

Sunday 3 June 2012

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Followers